Today was good.
Good, in a "Ah. I'm so glad I'm alive!" Sort of day. It wasn't because the weather was perfect, or because I got a good test grade. In fact, the weather was a bit fickle, and I sadly managed to do very poorly on a paper. However, summer IS going to come for good, and there's such a thing known as "Extra Credit." :)
But, really, today was GOOD. Why? Well, b/c painting was fun. Jason is a great model. And I managed to create skin tones from about 4 shades of yellow, red, green, and brown, and make it look good. And, Prof. Knecht was pleased at this, my first attempts to paint a model. Then, well, lunch was decent. Not great, but what does it really matter, anyway? It's just food. All it needs to do is keep you alive, and well, last time I checked, so far, so good. ;)
Sociology greeted me with the case of that sleepiness which you fight against all of class and feel guilty, as well as my bad paper grade.
But then my day started to REALLY go well. I got to take a NAP, for the first time in forever. And then I got to go to Oakley for dinner with my beloved roomie and Natalie, and then to I.V. where I got to eat some maraschino cherries from the sundae bar.;) I managed to find Katie's sweatshirt that I had left at Sociology earlier that day, and got to listen to the Scott try out being the new worship leader.
At I.V., one of the most bittersweet moments happened for me. I don't really want to elaborate here... but I'll just say it's one of those things that, while it is occurring, it's awful, and you feel so so so sad, and the tears roll down when you'd do anything to make them stop. When you can't open your eyes for fear of what you'll see. Where you can't open your mouth for the sobs that you know will take over any audible speech that you will attempt to create. But, at the same time, it's beautiful. It's something I"ll always remember. It reminds me of all the good times, and all the bad times, and how everything in this life will pass away. It reminds me that heaven really is something to look forward to. It reminds me that true friends really do exist, and they really do love you, no matter where life will take you.
Life IS beautiful. :)
**sigh.** i guess i'm calm now. (ha, right). Nevertheless, I shall continue.
The percussion ensemble concert was incredible. The talent that is within the people I know is incredible. And it's the best ever when your friend will walk clear across the room to hug, talk, and sit next to YOU.
I had to run from the concert to SAI at 9, and not only did I make my FIRST EVER announcement as VP of Membership (oh, it was quite the award-winning speech, lemme tell ya.;)) and also found out that I had recieved the Outstanding New Member Award! rule-core. :)
That's it, folks. I think I shall retire to bed, and think of all the blissful wonderful moments that I have been able share with those so close to me. May God bless you all. Love ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment