Alright. I have come (once again) to grips with the fact that I am boyfriend-less, and I'm ok with that. I just have to live vicariously by watching romantic comedies!!:)
No no. I'm kidding. Well, I think I'm kidding. I sure hope I am-- for if I'm not, that is a very shallow and unhealthy (as well as unreasonable) way to live....through crowd-pleasing movies churned out from the radical machine of Hollywood. BUT, tonight, I was one of the pleased crowd, and watched "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!" Granted, there was a distinct lack of Christian influence, but it was SUCH a warm and fuzzy movie where the right guy gets the girl, and all is well and wonderful. It was real enough to make you believe it, yet fake enough to not allow girly feelings to become completely disgruntled with single life. It made you fall in love with "the boy next door" (whomever he may be) all over again, and made you fall for absolute cuteness, sincerety, loyalty, honor (such as keeping your CARNAL TREASURE (or virginity;) sacred **gasp** what a new concept for Hollywood), and just plain old adorable actions of boys who truly love the girl for who she is and not just the "idea" of a good girl, but also WHO the good girl is.
It's interesting. Speaking of "good girls." I was talking to a friend the other day, and she was talking about guys who 'get it on' with girls. They have fun, but truly respect the girls who respect themselves. Now, as nice as this is, and reassuring for moral girls to stay moral, I have a rather strong objection to this men (or boys, as it may be) anyway. See, what I really dislike is this double standard. Boys can sleep around, and they'll just be "acting like boys." But girls sleep around....and they are automatically sluts and whores. WHO MADE THIS RULE!?! I mean, seriously. Why is it 'Ok', 'manly' and 'studly' for guys to do stuff with girls, but not girls with guys? Why is there such a double standard? Don't get me wrong.... I WILL NEVER change my morals just to try to get rid of this double standard, but think about it. If these guys think they can play around and use girls, and then finally MARRY a nice girl who has been waiting all her life to give herself to her husband, what makes him worthy of her? What made it ok for him to soil other girls, and yet somehow come out of the whole thing unscathed and sinless? It takes two to tango, my friend. The girl has no more a part of the whole thing than the guy, and therefore he should take equal responsibility. What gives him the right to do this? Nothing. If she can't play around before marriage, then he has no right to either.
I hope I made my point. Well, if I made any point at all, I'm glad....considering I'm very tired and need to go to bed as it is after 1 in the morning.
ok. so, synopsis::
1. ok again with being single. GOD WILL FIND ME MY PRINCE CHARMING....aka the boy next door.;)
2. Saw and LIKED "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" . made me gush with lovely girly emotions. (besides, both the main guys were uber cute!:))
3. Mad at the double standard of how men and women are labeled and treated when they are equally responsible for the act and repercussions of having sex outside of marriage.
4. FINISHED MY LESSON PLANS FOR MY E.C.E. UNIT PROJECT!!! BOO YAH!!!!
5. I have a VERY busy day tomorrow. um, yup. VERY busy.
6. Had a great time taking pictures with Tami today!:)
7. Going to go to sleep!:) Sweet dreams!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment