Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I just went to a link on my best friend's AIM profile that was for "National High Five Day" which is tomorrow, April 15!:) So, high five for a cool holiday. Do we get out of classes??? (haha....right.... we don't even get off for Labor Day!)


On the background of the website, however, was (**surprisingly**) the open palm of a hand. I looked at that hand, and it made me think..." what does Brooke's hand look like again?" And then, I remembered. Now, she's not a huge fan of her hands. She thinks they look funny and boney (if I recall correctly - you are TOTALLY free to correct me if I'm wrong, Brooke!) But i think they are wonderful! B/c they belong to some so precious to me. See, the thing is, is that when I thought about how Brooke's hands were, it gave me a comforting feeling... like she was here with me! And then it made me thought of my sister's hands, and my mother's hands, and my father's hands... and it made me feel so close to those who are so close to me...

Why are hands so important to us? Because they help care for us and love us so much. They hold us when we are helpless infants, , comfort us when we cry, hold our hands when we are scared, caress our heads to calm us, rub our shoulders when we are tense from stress, and were even pierced to take away our sins and keep eternal lives to our souls. Granted, the hand can bring much evil to its owner as well as to others, but what a blessing it can be!!

Just something to think about. <><


No comments: