Thursday, April 01, 2004

Boy-oh-boy. I have completed the most hectic activities of my hectic day. (I still have choir, I.V., and an SAI meeting where they elect officers -- I"M ON THE SLATE FOR VP OF MEMBERSHIP!!:)) I got to bed at 2-something in the morning; I was planning on staying up later, but after being up so late the night before working on my paper, I just couldn't do it. I have absolutely no idea how I managed to stay up till 2 or 3 nearly every night my freshmen year...perhaps I was so used to continually walking around in a dazed state due to lack of sleep that I forgot what it was like to truly have enough sleep to be fully awake! Of course, I had more time then to take naps during the day, which I keep on missing out on due to my unending supply of activities with which I'm involved (and I don't even do volunteering! eek!) But, seriously, I remember my roomie asking me last year if I was ok - she was always finding me nap the afternoon away.:)

So, this was my day, so far. The Sigma Chi's were insanely annoying again this morning due to their I-Week activities... they yelled and sang right outside of the girls next door, cheering about their chapter "WE ARE THE MEN OF SIGMA CHI, ALPHA GAMMA CHAPTER!!" and then proceeded to sing all FOUR verses of their song to Stephanie, who is dubbed as the "Sigma Chi" sweetheart. They had already done this before this week. This would have been all well and fine....IF it weren't at 6 AM when you've had approximately 4 hours of sleep, 2 days in a row. Then, when I should have gotten up at 7 to continue studying for my Sociology exam, I managed to hit the snooze button an outrageous number of times (my poor roommate!) and was then awakened by a phone call from her mother at 8:30! I, at this point, knew studying before my 9 oclock art class was completely impossible, so I went back to sleep, only to wake up 5 minutes before class to run over and begin painting. ugh. Well, I got out of art early, (hehe...meaning, 11:20 instead of 12....yeah, it's a 3 hour long class) and came back and got Re-dressed b/c it's formal attire today for SAI, then studied haphazardly for Sociology, then scrambled to class at 1 and took the test. It wasn't that bad, fortunately. Of course, I thought it "wasn't that bad" for the last one, and got a 79....hmmm... oh well. That's over. Then, as soon as i got out of my test, I ran to go get my schedule approved by my advisor so that I could register (haha, i was supposed to register yesterday...go me.) Of course, my advisor wasn't there, and some other teacher had to do it.


But here I am. I got through registrar, and even though the teacher who approved my schedule wanted me to drop my english class with my FAVORITE PROF, i told her no, and she looked disapprovingly and told me that I should take my religion class instead b/c if i didn't, i'd have problems later on. (eh, my parents are already planning on it taking me five years to get out of here, so who cares;).) So, I ditched her advice, am thinking about taking it at community college over the summer, and jetted outta there.

I am sooooooo excited about my schedule next semester, though!! I'm taking Drawing, Brit. Lit. with Smith (! so pumped! he's awesome..), Art in the Elementary Classroom (yay!!!!!! they barely ever offer it), Edu. Psych (which i hear is pretty easy), the Marriage and Family CCA (soemthing I actually care about), Weight Training (b/c i'm forced to take a phys. ed, and so i'll be buff;)), and piano lessons, voice lessons, choir, and chamber choir. haha. wow. I'm not an over acheiver......no...... *wink*

no wonder i never have free time. and to think i'll most likely be VP of membership for SAI, too.....






sorry for venting. I'll write my next post when i've had a little time to contemplate something important rather than just how well i can complain about my day, and a little more sleep to put me in a better mood.;)

Katie went home b/c of her eye. It's giving her a lot more problems - fuzziness, blacked-out vision, sparks and spots are all occurring more lately. She got an appt. for this afternoon to be reevaluted, and I don't know when she'll get back to school. Must keep praying for her.

that's all, folks. <><

No comments: