Monday, November 15, 2004

hi!!

So, i managed to get through a super uber crazy day. I had class at 9, 11, and 2...and wrote two papers in between classes and before 5 pm. How i did that, I have no idea. I must have had some help from the BIG guy, if you know what I mean. My fingers were flying. (oh, i think the mt. dew helped keep me awake, too;)). God bless caffiene.;)

I should be doing my sketches for tomorrow right now. But it's dark, and i left my pencils and sketch pad in Sage. And I don't want to walk over there now-- it closes in 15 minutes...and it's just plain creepy over there at night.

This weekend was incredible...on SO many levels! Incredibly fun, incredibly busy, and Incredibles the movie! That movie made me laugh like crazy... and made Saturday night probably one of the best nights I've had all semester. Friday night was insane b/c we had to still figure out what we were doing for our "lonely goatherd" song for the SAI concert, and then there was Coffeehouse where I got to sing and listen to all my friends jam on their beautiful guitars. Free rootbeer floats and hazelnut mochas.....mmmmm. Four shots of espresso in one afternoon makes me in quite a good mood.;) Got to bed at 2, and had to be up at 7:30 on Saturday to go to the Education Career Day... I got to listen attentively for 3 hours about resumes and interviews...and I became more and more thankful that I'm still in COLLEGE! It's way more fun here than it is "out there" on your own, I think.... (not that I really know. but I can imagine.) After I was done at noon with the career thing, I went to another practice for the Lonely Goatherd... and then found the Steinway Nine-foot GRAND unlocked in Howard ...so I definitely played it in the huge empty hall all for myself. I doubt that anyone else was even in the building. It was glorious - I just fiddled around and didn't worry about "practice practice practice", but rather just played the way that makes me so happy........ That afternoon went by in a blur. Sean came over and hung out with me and then with Katie when she arrived back in the room -- hahahaha...we played with the duct tape swords, and it was a riot. Katie was the only woman who went down with a bruise on her leg...my poor baby roomie...Sean wounded her!! The explosion of giggles and laughter from the duel was quite worth it, though. We then went to the SAI concert...haha...oh man. We sang "So Near, So Dear" (i'm sorry.:(), and then I was the girl goat in the GoatHerd song ... people say i'm the cutest little girl goat they've ever seen... i think i'm the only one they've ever seen, so does that actually mean that much? I DID get to flirt with Andy DeFusco in this concert on stage...wow...I'm maintaining a record - first Judson (God help the sister who comes between me and my man!), then Harvey (my little honey bun), and now DeFusco... (my little...goat...hmmmm.) Anyway, it was fun, and Stephen Gaetano was our baby...haha oh man.:) We even did the goat-polka. SO hot.;)

The second act that I was in was "Sad Song"...haha...or, not so much. It was kinda nerve-wracking to do it in front of the whole school instead of just the ladies of SAI!! check out www.thamini.blogspot.com for the lyrics.:) Brilliance and sheer talent, my friends:). haha...j/k. But it sure as heck was fun!!!

I THEN went from the splendilicious concert and went to see the INCREDIBLES!! FUNNY FUNNY MOVIE!!!!!!! that's all i got. you gotta see it, and that's all there is to it.;)

Sunday, i FINALLY got to give my room the cleaning it needed *so* badly - it was atrocious...i admit it and hang my head in shame. BUT NO LONGER!!:)I also watched "Stepford Wives". Hm. weird...but not weird ENOUGH for it to be good.;)

I'll post some random pics of things on here so you know some of the other things that have been going on in my life as of late. My great friends Ryan and Nathan made a dinner for me and some other chicas...so cute.


Other than what I've been up to...how have I been, you might ask? I've been pretty swell, I suppose. :) Life is good, even if classes aren't...they are stressful and busy and yucky. This semester has been *way* too packed full of stuff for my taste. But God is good, and so are my frienships...and they are what pick me up and keep me going. Thank you to ALL of you who have brought happiness into my life - my roomie, my dormmates, my next door neighbors (L.L.M.A.!), new friends, old friends (yeah NU/BA buds and a certain chica at UWSP!), my fam, my sis, and MY DOG!:) I can't WAIT to go home for Thanksgiving, either.......

ok. it's sleep time. i'm worn out. 6 hours of class and 2 papers in one day is plenty for this girl. sweet dreams... *muah*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:o( !
I'm sorry... I was just joking, I know you're not a heartless animal-killer; you're a wonderful girl and I didn't mean to make you feel bad...
So, a thousand apologies. I like you, AND squirrels, and I was a jerk. And too ashamed to identify myself, haha.

: said...

You're right, it is way more fun to be in college than to be "out there" on your own.
Reading your blog makes me so happy and so sad at the same time... it's hard to understand, but I'm fascinated and I check every time I'm online. You always seem so happy, and that makes me smile. Sure wish I could've seen the SAI concert, it sounds like a blast!
-Brian_