Hello, World.
It is the strangest thing to be back in 'real life,' whatever that phrase might mean. I can tell you that going 50 mph in a car for the first time being in an automobile in 2 months felt *really* fast. And there is so much commercialism, consumerism, and all sorts of other stuff that hadn't even really crossed my mind since June. Last night I couldn't go to sleep on my bed because it was too squishy...and crawled onto the floor for solice. After sleeping on a wooden board, and a non-existent mattress, it was just more comfortable somehow. *sigh*. My showers are exceptionally shorter than they used to be, too, and I have the urge to spend every waking minute outside. But, it's weird to talk about where I was on a blog. How can you capture 2 months of your life away from the world in the written word in cyberspace? You can't. I will say that the thing I miss most is falling asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the rock beach, and then tumbling the rocks as the waves pulled back into the ocean. It is most possibly the most beautiful sound in the world.
I will post pics on this thing when I have my own computer hooked up to the internet again. It's too much of a pain to deal with it now.
It's good to be back, though.:) It's sad to know I left Aaron and now so many new friends (it was really tough when Marina, Mary Ramsey, Stewart, and Aaron dropped me off at the airport. I tried to hold back the tears, but they were stubborn and appeared against my will), but it's great to see my mom, dad, sis, and dog again! And it's been a delight to go shopping with my sis. As much as consumerism is shallow and overwhelming after a summer with hardly anything...it's still fun to get new stuff!!:) Tonight we are going to see the Fantastic Four - I'm excited.:) I somehow managed to have the WORST-TIMED FLIGHT EVER on Tuesday, b/c I flew out just hours before Aaron and the others went to go see Nickel Creek at the Amoeba (world's largest indie record store) in Hollywood for their CD release concert...FOR FREE!! eeek.
I can't believe that it's a week and 2 days before I'm at school! Senior year. First time around.:) The Suites are going to be awesome to live in, but seeing the beloved community of friends there will be a true blessing. I hope you all make it safely to school.
Well, I've got to clean, sort, pack, and do all sorts of things other than blog. I love you all from CA, from Hillsdale, and all my close BA friends whom I haven't seen in forever (though, I saw Blair and Melissa in CA!! I love you both!)
Take care,
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment