What's with me?
Ok, I know this might sound strange that I've devoted a whole blog entry to this, but bear with me. First of all, I REALLY like coffee. I mean, who doesn't who works with it all the time? There's just nothing better than opening the 5 pound bag of espresso beans for the first time... all the beans are this beautiful nutty, chocolatey colored-brown, all shiny with the coffee oils on them, and the smell that just *oozes* out of the bag and into your nose which is just enthralled with the pungent and almost extravagent smell of the beans...
Maybe I'm just missing working with coffee. There's some odd sort of satisfaction in making the perfect Cappuccino. Maybe I'm just getting addicted to coffee. I don't know what it is...but I have been thinking about coffee ALL the time the last few days!!!!
If only a Starbucks was nearby. I guess the Gathering isn't a bad substitute, though.
Maybe I should just cave in and buy an espresso maker. Who knows.
Now, does *anyone* ever feel the same way about coffee, or am I just crazy?
2 comments:
Oh man. I really delight in my coffee too. I've also been considering splurging and buying an espresso maker. hmm. sounds so good.
You might not consider me to be a connoisseur of coffee--as I don't drink brewed coffee of any kind, and I am rather persnickety about my esspresso drinks--but there is a DEFINITE satisfaction in producing an ultra-dry cappuccino or a perfectly flavored sugar-free latte for a regular customer. In my mind, the gritty mess of coffee grounds is like the refined cousin of drill shavings and nut-and-bolt grease. It's at once masculine, dignified, and familiar. Wherever I go, I think I will always remember the electric tingle of fresh decaf grounds clinging about my hands and wrists.
Post a Comment