Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Well, kids, I was getting bored with the look of my old blog, and so I searched the great expanses of the internet to find something different to spice it up. These colors were fresh, and reminded me of my favorite little island on earth, so I figured it a proper choice.

I *just* uninstalled Photoshop from my computer, as it was a huge file and I was working with less than 5, yes, 5% free space on my hard drive. Through massive slaying of unneeded picture files and music files, and, most sadly, the dismantling of PhotoshopI have now returned to 15% free space - a point where my computer can actually defragment itself once more. However, the down-side to this whole story is that because I no longer have Photoshop (I do hope I find this, one day, a curable predicament) I cannot fidget as well as I'd like to with the skin I have chosen. A sappy "fading memories" was turned into my "Just a little girl..." which is no longer on the blog, and sadly the font is not one I have in the average Windows Paint program. Also, the "Dear Diary" slogan which the skin's maker felt necessary to put on it (why, I don't know they did, as I can't figure out why anyone should consider in their right mind an online public website a private spot to dispose of one's thoughts...) will hopefully be smudged/erased/obliterated somehow. ;)

Anyway, I'm hoping to slowly shape this new skin into my very own. I don't know if it's all technically legal...but I don't know if the skin is copyrighted, anyway...so let's just hope no one really cares. Hopefully comments and such work - I still have to re-do some stuff to get it all back to a semi-working state again. :) Anyway...I like it. :)

2 comments:

WildElliot said...

K-Karl!
I like the new look.
I just booted photoshop off of my computer too... it just doesn't run the same on a PC. It was the first time ever that I actually contemplated getting a mac.

tami said...

Very pretty new look, Kristin :) I enjoyed eating dinner with you in the midst of your crazy evening schedule. Hope you're having fun in class right now ;)
Tami