So here's the scoop...
I recieved two proverbial slaps in the face yesterday and the day before. One of them reminded me that the AMAZING GRACE that we get as humans isn't one we deserve, and, though Christians have the knowledge of this grace, it doesn't mean it will keep us from sins, but merely forgive us of the ones we commit. The second was one of them was well deserved. It's like when your parents spank you when you do something wrong. It really hurts. It makes you shamed. But, it also makes you LEARN from the mistakes you make, and not just get away with them. You get bruised from chastisement. It really stinks when you get it. But, like all bruises, it will go away....you just can't forget why you got the bruise in the first place.
I just want to say "Thanks be to God" for friends. Seriously. The ones that you love and haven't properly caught up with in forever. The ones who listen to your woes. The ones who give you that "proverbial slap in the face." The ones who are there to comfort you in the crying session that proceeds the slap. The ones that need YOU to be there for their own problems - they make you realize that no matter how worthless you feel after the slap, and the crying, that you are still needed by others.
Growing up isn't easy. Especially when you are a child of whimsy. I'm working on it... please excuse me for all my failures.
2 comments:
Can we do coffee soon, dear?
I owe you, anyway ;)
*hugs*
love,
me
I love you Kristin.. and am so glad you're you! Thank YOU for everything too darling!
-Mal
Post a Comment