Sunday, October 10, 2004

It's finally fall break...

Well, it's hard to believe I finally made it here. I was planning (or rather, just hoping, and didn't really expect my parents to actually let me) go to Lake Huron for break, but here I am, back in Algonquin Illinois. There are pros and cons to being home -- I HAVE gotten plenty o' sleep ...in the first 24 hours of break, I managed to sleep 15 and a half hours of them away. The drive home consisted of 5 hours...of which I was only awake for 1 and a half hours and even got a decent conversation with Aaron White into my waking hours of the drive! It's lovely to see my dog and my parents again, even if piercing my ears is such a delicate topic that I haven't been able to bring it up yet for fear of disownment, or, in the least case, a dreaded silence treatment for the remainder of my time at home. But, as nice as it is to get out of the Dale and into the "real world" of a place that has more shopping than one could possibly need and more time to sleep than one could ever even try to comprehend while attending classes in Hillsdale, there have been some weird things that make this trip not so relaxing. One is that I keep on thinking about and literally dreaming about all my friends from school. You'd think that I'd be able to leave ya'll for what, FOUR DAYS, and deal with it just fine, right? Well, I guess not. I MISS YOU TERRIBLY, AND LOVE YOU ALL!! I had an awful dream that two of my friends died, and while I knew in the dream that it was just a dream, and that they'd be alive when I woke up, that couldn't keep me from crying (in the dream). ...dean, sean...i'm so glad you are ok.:) My other "weirdness factor" of being at home is that while I'm still not used to having Algonquin as my town and my house as "my house" b/c i've only been in it for 3 mos of my life, my parents have gotten the entire thing repainted in my leave of absence for college, so... it's not really the same house as I lived in all summer. The paint colors are great, though drastically different in every one but ONE of the rooms in the house, and all the colors are colors that i didn't even KNOW they were painting! They re-painted my bathroom a different color of blue than I had personally and carefully picked this summer and had painted myself, and they painted my room a shade of pink that I hadn't even seen before. Also, b/c of all the painting, they had to take everything off the walls and all the stuff that had finally made my room *MY ROOM*, so, it's empty and barren again, and i have to move BACK into it...so it's like moving in all over again. Blast. So, to make a long story short, I came home for break. But it doesn't feel like home at all, except for the parents and the dog. Makes for a bit of a frustrating weekend, as you may imagine.

But, as frustrated as I may be, I do feel a little more ready to come back to school in full force and be able to deal with SAI duties, school duties, and friend duties. And I'm so excited to see you all again.:)

For those of you who have managed to find my Xanga name (browneyedalto...hey, i stick with what works) I'm sorry if I don't post on there very often. I really only set it up so i could post on OTHER peoples names...since you can't post w/o being a Xanga member. I was going to even post on there this weekend, but the library has restricted Xanga from being used...so... hahah! it's a good thing I use Blogger on a more consistent basis.

Alright, I should get going. I need to get home to work on some SAI stuff, and watch the VP of Membership VIDEO!! ;) I'm kinda excited, though. I bet it'll help me out -- my job is sorta confusing. I like it a lot, though... I get to be pledge-mom! :)

See you all soon..... love, me


(the end.)

3 comments:

Katie said...

my dear roomie... it's so good to be back in Koon #7 after a nice, relaxing break! i'm sorry you got in some daughter v. parental-unit arguments about the whole ear piercing debate, but hey -- at least you let your voice be heard -- maybe that's the first step! :)

and you look super-cute in your pseudo-scandalous sweater today ;) i love it!

*love and hugs and SAI smooches to the best VP Membership ever*

Katie said...

more posts soon, please!

no pressure, of course ;)

*love and hugs and Ben & Jerry's*

Katie said...

ummm, yeah.

posts. any day now.
your loyal following craves insight into your innermost thoughts and feelings.

or, like, what you ate for breakfast would totally work, too.

the end. love, me.