Monday, October 18, 2004

Nothing and Everything all at once....

It's amazing how things work... why do things happen the way they do, when they do, how they do... I don't know. All I know is that I'm a very confused member of this club called "life." I wish there was a handbook or something....

So, SAI Recruitment has been quite a sucess this fall! I must say that I am the proud new mother of 8 m.i.t.'s, and they are all happy and healthy.:) But, really... it's fun to know that they are going to be a part of SAI! I'm also the proud big sis of Adrienne Darrell...yay to me for picking the coolest Big gift ever- Melisma Cat flashlight... and yes, A, I'm glad you finally got the batteries in them. ;)

Speaking of SAI, we most definately have the Date Party this Friday night...yay for Matt being my date (whoo hoo! it's going to be fun, friend...feel better soon!!) hmm...corn maze (you know, this place where you get lost), boys, and night all at once...it's gonna be fun . :) (Oh, c'mon...you know i'm a good girl!)

I feel bad for ya'll out there...there's so much that I *could* post about on this blog...but, would rather not. Refer to my first-ever blog entry and you'll know what I mean...somethings just aren't meant to be read in a public domain such as the internet. Sometimes it's nice to have thoughts nestled in your head where not everyone else can read them. :) But, onto other news....
This weekend was crazy. Being in Lansing for the easiest test *of my life* which started at 7:30 in the morning was nuts.... then rushing back for a choir concert where the chamber choir ended flat on our second piece....where some punk freshman yelled at me for being in proper chamber choir dress and not in a robe as I flew in at the last minute.... where all my friends greeted me with hugs and "how'd the test go"....i felt so loved. Though, the night before, I MET ANN COULTER and PAT SAJAK (or however you spell his name...the guy from Wheel of Fortune!) at her amazing speech....she truly is an attack dog in heels. I heard the statement that "every conservative woman wants to BE her, and every conservative man wants to MARRY her." eh...well, except for me...I don't *really* want to be her...she's just way cool. But she has too much of a biting tongue for me to actually want to be her... b/c, well, she knows people hate her - and she's probably happy they do. Me, on the other hand, would be miserable to know that people hated me. I'm SURE they exist out there. Just don't let me know it. ;)

So, I have a question. Does anyone out there who may be reading this blog ever feel as though they are just barely struggling to hold onto their relationship with Jesus? I don't mean your actual faith that God exists, that Jesus is God, etc. etc. No, I mean that personal relationship that rejuvenates you and makes you who you are? B/c, well, I've been feeling that way lately. I feel as though I more lean on God than actually grow WITH Him, and it can be pretty discouraging. Now, I love InterVarsity and Catacombs and all that jazz, but I get spiritual highs when I go to them, not something that really transfers into my life on a daily basis. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Well, it's really late and I'm really tired. I haven't gotten much sleep lately, and I'm not feeling really too well at all. So, I'm going to head to sleep...mmmm...my bed ...so squishy, and now with an electric blanket.... and my stuffed animal cow (mwaaaaaaaaaa) to cuddle with ....

goodnight, and sweet dreams!:)


btw...i love my roomie katie. the end.



3 comments:

: said...

Thanks for the link.
*sigh.* Do you ever feel like you've completely LOST your grip on that relationship, rejuvenation and all? When you can't even ATTEND things like InterVarsity because you'd feel just unbearably hypocritical? When you seem to have wandered too far away from God to lean on Him, and you can't remember who you are because you haven't asked God for so long?
Don't be too discouraged. God loves you, and so do a lot of us people. You'll be alright.

Katie said...

awww... yay :) i love you, too, roomie!
i hope you're feeling better tonight, my dear... i don't want you to be sick :(

and you CAN'T be sick for the SAI date party this friday... it's going to be WAY too much fun for you to not be feeling well! and that's final!

*love and hugs and M&Ms*

me

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristin, I do miss you so very much! I know exactly what you mean, friend. I felt the exact same way at the end of this summer because I didn't have too much down time to spend with my friend JC! But that's the best part of faith, that even when you don't think God is there, or you can't feel his presence in your life daily, HE IS. And He loves you. So just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing. It's just a slump, and I know you'll come out of it with a stronger faith in the Lord than you had coming into it. Ilu mucho! Brooke