Tuesday, October 19, 2004

It's not beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...but I wish it were...

I LOVE fall here. I love the sweaters, the cider, the apple orchards, the pumpkins, the feeling of wearing a sweater -- it's like a continual hug ALL day long. I love the falling leaves, and the leaves that float in puddles, and the desire to be inside with friends where it's warm and cozy.

But, at the same time, I've got that "Christmas-y feeling" about three times in the last couple times... maybe b/c it's the practice for the Messiah...and Handel's SOULFUL Messiah that Adrienne has played for me, maybe it's the sweaters, or the cold weather and my warmness blanket.... maybe it's b/c I just love Christmas like no other holiday (well, except for the *amazingness* of Easter. But, think about it... as sad as it is for Santa to pervade everything and anything, Christmas - the BIRTH of GOD on our fallen earth...the beginning of his life, his ministry, and our salvation...well, it just rawks. And, I admit it. I DO like decorating the tree and the entire house, I like wrapping presents more than unwrapping them, I like how for once we can focus on three great things all at once - God, family, and ...haha...food.;) I mean, after Saga, who can NOT be thrilled to go home and make food with your mom., in celebration of God...?

Haha. ok, so i know this is a TOTALLY random post. And i know it has nothing to do with anything actually going on in my life at the present moment. But who cares? It was on my mind. And I wanted to share.

Btw, my great friend Joy Hendricks was here this weekend. You are so loved and missed here, doll...come back soon!!!!:)


Ah....i'm starting to de-stress. YAY! what a great feeling! :)
...now, can anyone give me a backrub to get the perpetual knots out? that will help me de-stress even more....


(the end.;))


4 comments:

Katie said...

um, BIG YAY for the SAI date party tonight... dinner and corn mazes and bonfires... REALLY SOON!!!

i can't wait to hang out with you later, doll... haven't seen you all day, and i've got a hug waiting for you!!

hope your date with Mal went well and that you're as excited about tonight as i am! :) see you soon!

*SAI smooches and s'mores*

love, me. the end.

Anonymous said...

DATE!!! Hi babe, thank you for a great night last night. I hope you had as much fun as I did. If I EVER see corn again it will be too soon, lol. But Chinese food rocks, and so you do. I love you tons!

Matt

: said...

:o) Just a few things:
You're great. I love you! I wish I spent more time with you.
Joy was here?? I had no idea :o(
I've been told I give good backrubs, so if you ever want one when I'm around just ask.
Hope your schoolyear's going well! Christmas is coming.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you know I SO would give you a back rub if I could!!! (mainly so I could get one back, but well, you know ;)) love ya!
brooke