There are very few people who know that this is my most favorite song in the world. I love it for every part of it...but I mostly love it for the build-up which it has until the epitome of the song (which, in this video, starts around 2:45.) But, that part wouldn't be nearly so wonderful without the build up for the previous almost-three minutes. It's not a well-known piece, but since I love it so much, and miss playing it (though I wish I had as much skill as Rachmaninoff would require for someone to play it) I thought I'd share it with all of you. This guy's rendition is definitely the best one on Youtube. Enjoy.
2 comments:
i didn't know that one was your favorite, but i at least would have guessed Rachmaninoff. how did you post the video so the whole youtube picture came up? i only know how to do it with just the link... teach me!
Twin, I remember when you used to play this! You truly gave me my love for Rachmaninoff as well. :-)
Post a Comment