Well, break is winding down. The plans that I have left for break are a mix of fun and practical - going out to lunch with my mom and sis today to this sweet restaraunt called The Claddagh, which looks like an irish pub inside, devised a plan with my sis to take my dad and mom to the new basketball movie coming out on Friday called Glory Road, and shopping with my mom today. :) Of course, the haircut appointment that I still don't have, the packing that I haven't done, the lists of books that I guess won't be read, and the second to last paycheck from work needing to be picked up, and the re-organizing of my room and the re-storing of Christmas decorations all also need to be taken care of.
This has been a wonderful break. Made a little money, saw some great friends, saw a wonderfully changed uncle, and a good 300 pages or so of C.S. Lewis. I have my year resolutions, but I'd rather not share them (they are mine and not yours so why should I tell the entire world?), I'll miss my family and my free time, but am anxious to see what this semester has in store for me. This semester signifies the last one of 8 for most all the kids that came to college with me...and yet, I still have 2 more after it. I've come to grips with it (mostly,) but certainly will be sad to see them go.
I've got Adrienne, Christine, and the new member of our little suite, a certain Kelly Sparrow, to go back to living with. I love the suites. I feel like they are my family. :)
To everyone else...God bless your new year!:)
1 comment:
holy cow... my mom and I and my friend and her mom are going to The Claddagh here on Saturday, and we might be going to see Glory Road, too... so weird!
well... I hope you enjoy the last few days of break, and know that I'm praying for you and looking forward to seeing you back on campus soon, doll. I love you!
Post a Comment