Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A short reprieve...or the at least the idea of one...

I am home for break. Yay! The drive was very comfortable and easy - I drove with Anna Holsclaw until Chesterton, IN, where she went on with the rest of her "Thanksgiving crew" and I waited for my family to arrive at Bob Evan's so they could drive, with all their expertise and skill, through Chicago traffic instead of me.

Two hours later, they *finally* made it. Chicago traffic, with all its expertise and skill, had managed to keep them bound within the confines of traffic jams.

So, after a nap, a good listen-through to "The Last 5 Years," and the reading of half a novel along with the production of corresponding quiz questions and ideas for unit projects to go along with it, they finally arrived. I also realized what a desperate student I was to get all my work done over break, if I started doing homework 4 hours after my break *started.* wow.

Today, I'm working away still...next up is writing 2 short papers for art. I plan on getting them done is less than an hour. It's amazing what desperation can do to your abilities to dedicate yourself to your studies. (This blog post, a quick check for emails, a gander at facebook - of course- and HARRY POTTER TONIGHT - are my breaks from studying for today.)

WIth that, I bid you all adieu, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I know I have a lot to be thankful for. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

love you, darling!

happy thanksgiving!

*hugs*
me