Sunday, June 05, 2005

Hmmmmm.......

I saw Beauty and the Beast tonight with my family. The casting was superb, the transitions flawless,and the costumes enviable. It was a wonderful time, and I loved hearing all the songs that I had fallen asleep to for years when I was little. One thing really struck me, though. Now, while it did not eclipse the great family time, dinner, and entertainment, it did make enough of an impression on me to post about it, to be sure. I'm exhausted from the day, and have work again tomorrow, so I must type with speed...but....

While we were sitting in the theater, a young girl of about five years was sitting near us in an aisle seat. During the song where Belle and the Beast dance together the first time, the little girl arose from her chair, and danced around in the aisle - holding out the sides of her little cotton dress and prancing about with as much elegance as a 5 year old can understand or accomplish. And I realized something - I was sitting there, watching and throughly enjoying a show; watching as talented actors worked magic on stage. But that little girl....she WAS Belle. In her world, she had become Belle herself; she was living and breathing the life of her admired character. Sure, a lot of people probably thought, "Why can't that girl be controlled a little better by her parents?!" But she wasn't hurting anyone. She got more out of that show than anyone else there probably did. WHat a beautiful sight.

Just something to think about. <><

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is absolutely adorable!