Monday, June 07, 2004

I AM STILL ALIVE

Alright, I'm here. I must say a couple things before I get into depth in this blog. First of all, I'd just like to say that we lost an incredible asset to our country this weekend. May God Bless the soul of former president Reagan. Second, sorry for being slow in my postings. Work, working out, housework, and yardwork (any type of work, as you can see) has kept me away from this little black box to keep in touch with ya'll. Though....due to the number of people who have actually commented on my latest blog makes me severly wonder as to what size the audience of my life truly is at this point in time! Third, there has been a request for my blog to be "more juicy." Sadly, I must confess that my life ISN'T juicy at this present time!! So, I will do my best to keep you entertained, but forgive me if I lack in the skills to truly do so.

Alrighty. Let's get started. Work is swell. I have found i REALLY like making coffee drinks, and I finally have a good grasp at working the register (a scary feat when people ask for drinks with extra shots, extra syrup, extra hot, and soy....you've got to add all that into the price....sheesh...) But, really, it's all good now, and the only thing I have to worry about is my co-workers. They are all friendly kids, but it's hard to relate to them since the only girl who was a Christian managed to be working her last day for the summer on my first day working with her. It's a great opportunity to witness, but it's not so great an opportunity to gain friends for the summer.It's just tough to relate to the other kids when all they do outside of work is hang out with their own friends and drink alcohol. Granted not ALL of them drink alcohol, but of course, the girl that I seem to the most seems to make it clear that alcohol and hooka bars are her favorite pastimes. I HAVE managed to find an artist and a musician in the group, so we have at least very pleasant conversations.:)

As such, I will not hide the fact that I am very lonely here in my new town. Family is great, don't get me wrong....but after being at college where friends are everywhere 24/7, you get really spoiled, and it takes a lot to be content when you are all alone in a new town where you don't know a soul. Ok. ENOUGH OF THE PITY PARTY.

So, during work (which, i must say...I LOVE PAYCHECKS!!) and fiddling around our house to get it ready to redecorate, and throwing out and reorganizing my room without a soul to talk to, I must admit that there have been thoughts of random things rolling around and about in my head. Most of them come from the combination of reading materials as of late....John Eldredges' "Wild At Heart", and an old article that I read concerning a girl's romantic relationship with Jesus Christ.

Now, first of all, I must say that until now, I've never really understood this whole idea of being in such a relationship with Jesus... my whole idea of romance consisted of the candles, flowers, moonlit beach walks, and every other type of "perfect date" that I could dream up for me and Prince Charming. So, how could I have this with Christ? Jesus is my Lord and Savior....and until I had roses showing up at my door with a tag reading "From your guy, Jesus" I really couldn't grasp this idea of a romance with God. The whole "marriage to Jesus" thing that I had heard about confused me even more. Now, maybe you guys out there think I"m crazy. Maybe you girls out there think "It's taken her 20 years to figure this out?!?! i've known forever!!" But, I unashamedly admit that I really had no clue. What the article taught me (and i promise to quote it in some later blog so you have a clearer idea of what I'm struggling to say) is that i CAN have a romance with Jesus. Because my idea of "romance" was misinterpreted. He has given me everything....love, understanding, commitment, trust....everything that I could desire from a relationship with a guy....except more - b/c he is LORD and he can give all that PERFECTLY. Without any clauses or stipulations, but out of sheer love he gave it all to me, and to you, without even asking. What a guy!!:) Could a girl ask for anything so sweet? I think that will beat roses everyday.

Now, don't think me a man-hater. hahaha.....FAR from it:). This paragraph now addresses some thoughts that entered my head from reading "Wild At Heart." It talks about how a girl has a right to wait for her prince charming on his noble steed....b/c that's how we were wired by God...and He makes no mistakes. It's interesting that I read both these things at once, AND "Ever After" was on the Tv last night -- which acutally HAS a prince charming on a white steed. Of course, being a girl, I had warm and fuzzy feelings inside, squealed (this i ashamedly admit) and could have sworn that I felt like I was in love with SOMEONE - though I had not a clue as to who that person was. But, with the movie fresh in my mind, I was reading the pages of "Wild At Heart", and it was so refreshing to see!! Not only had I become convicted earlier that day that I had a beautiful romance with Jesus that I could work on, but also God had created a man somewhere out there who would be my prince charming. Granted, whoever P.C. is, he won't be perfect. But i'll have a romance with him that will be all the better b/c I first took the time and effort to have the proper relationship with my God.

A girl at chapter camp gave our Hillsdale College group of young ladies an idea to think about whenever we are discouraged about our future mate. She said that if we focus on God, and make him our goal, and a guy out there focuses on God and makes Him his goal as well, then we will eventually meet...no matter what happens. Now, I"'m actually not discouraged about looking for 'that guy' right now. I've got enough on my plate with work and family and being lonely that I honestly haven't really thought about it that much. But all my readings about the perfect romance with Jesus gave me hope about my life, and so I thought I'd share all my "wisdom" with you, my friends. Why? B/c i care about you. And, b/c I thought you MIGHT find it interesting to read about. As i said before, I promise I'll give you a few quotes from my readings to try to back up what I have said in this most recent blog.

just something to think about. <><

No comments: