Sunday, June 13, 2004

Ok, I have a couple more minutes to blog. I thought i'd have to go look for a book for my mom quick, but it's checked out so I thought i'd try to finish up some of my thoughts.

It was so hard to throw out the CD. I mean, after all, I'd spent 20 bucks on the two of them just last night, and that was hard-earned money! But as I contemplated my decision today, I realized that Jesus paid a far greater price for my salvation, and when it came to risking my appreciation and all the hard work of that selfless act, I figured my 9 bucks that I spent on my "Jem" (b/c that was the name of this artist) CD just wasn't worth it. B/c, you see, Jem was no gem at all, if you get my drift.

This led me to another thought. "BUT IT SOUNDS SO GOOD!! WHAT TALENT!!!"...... yes, she was undoubtedly talented. But what better avenue for Satan to come into our lives? He will do his best to take what we do best and use it against others. Talents used for evil, rather than good. Take, for example, incredible chemists.....who make biochemical weapons. Take doctors, who went through all of med school, and now perform abortions. Writers, actors, and SINGERS who all portray the WRONG message. Yes, there is a lot of talent out there. But we have to make sure that it's being in the right way.


again, just something to think about. <><

No comments: