I was babysitting the other day and describing the dreams that Joseph explained to the baker and the wine bearer of the King of Egypt. He was right on both accounts. Then I explained to the girl that once Pharaoh heard of Joseph's ability to interpret dreams.
This brings up two remarkable things. 1. That dreams have had specific meaning and have been used by God to foretell real events. 2. That God had only certain people able to explain dreams.
Now, I don't doubt that God can use whatever means He deems perfect to talk to us these days, but unfortunately I must face the fact that none of my dreams thus far have been to tell me about my future. Had they been real, so far in life I would be married to a plethora of men (some of whom I know, some of whom I don't, and some of whom have yet to meet me [Dean Cain]...*ahem*...I mean, what?), I would have been left in a few hostage situations, braved a few tornadoes, taken down a couple robbers singlehandedly, and done a billion other trippy things I can't remember.
So, I'll still waiting on God to speak to me through dreams. But until that day, I do have a bit of a funny dream to share, as it was one of my particular vivid dreams. I was on "America's Next Top Model" (a show I never watch) which is hilarious enough as it is because I'm not a Size: -0 (Math majors: I know there's no such thing as negative zero...just get my drift, k?) Well, anyway, I was on the show, and it was Episode 3. It was our day to find the most awesome outfit we could to "look like a model" in just a few minutes. Only problem? I can't fit into any of the stinking model-size clothes. I somehow managed on a pair of jeans, with a sweater, another sweater, and then a belt on top of that...but the photographer guy Nigel Barker stook away the ONE sweater that actually fit well...and that's when I knew my chances at model-dom had slipped through my fingers. Alas. Just not model material, haha.
But all this talk about Joseph (which really, people, is amazing) and dreaming about America's Next Top Model (Eat your heart out, Naomi and Nigel), leads me to this...a final, yet intruiging ending thought :
No comments:
Post a Comment