I woke up this morning, a Saturday, at my typical "get up for work" time. I knew it was too early for a weekend because there was no morning light shining through my window, but I woke up enough to not be able to go back to sleep right away. So, I got up, and now I've been bitten by the blogger-bug and have something to say on here for the first time in months. :)
What I'm thankful for right now: (in spontaneous thought order)
- Having the ability to talk to my friend in Rome on gmail chat, like she was right here. I miss you, girl!
- Having a job that toughens me and yet I enjoy.
- Realizing that I've made progress with the toughest little boys in my class.
- Being told by one said boy "Miss Karl, I love you. And I'm going to miss you on my cruise."
- Being given a letter by him that said just that. And being told over and over during the day... from the far side of the room as he was playing with blocks, to his running to me for one last hug before he left for the week.
- The ability to live with my cousin for a period in my life.
- My family.
- Getting to fly home to see my family for Thanksgiving! And my dog, my house...
- Coffee in the morning.
- Mocha peppermint creamer at Christmastime.
- Christmas music (which I'm trying not to play for one more week!)
- JESUS. The reason for all this Christmas joy in the first place.
- My boyfriend. He's pretty much amazing.
- My Joshua Radin CD from a friend for getting her a temp job. God is faithful and provides for us at all times! (I'm talking about her job. ;) )
- My NeedToBreathe CD. I need to get a real copy though. These guys are GOOD. And they deserve our support of their ministry!!
- Warm houses, warm coffee, warm clothes.
- Friends all over the place. And knowing that no matter what happens in this lifetime, I WILL see them again. And it's gonna be a better reunion than ever imaginable.
- Books that teach you.
- Joy.
- Love.
- Peace.
- Redemption.
- God's Faithfulness. Remembering that God gives us leaders for a reason, and that He is in control no matter who is in the Office of the Presidency. And always HAS been.
- His Creation. It's beautiful. Have you looked...and I mean, LOOKED, at it lately?
No comments:
Post a Comment