Quarterlife
Why I'm blogging right now is beyond me. I've been staring at my computer (without internet or games, mind you...and that's killer) for the last week or more, cooped up in my basement. I essentially have no idea what the weather has been like...except one guess - cold and snowy?
I've been working on a masterpiece of an electronic teaching portfolio...not a light undertaking. It takes every important piece of paper that has anything to do with teaching from my 5 years at college and wraps it up in a pretty little bow of PowerPoint+Photoshop+Light-Scribed Disc=Digital Masterpiece!! muhaha...
Seriously, though..with all the work I've put into it, the nights of restless sleep and a stoned look on my face from too many hours of staring into the bright light of the LCD monitor, I'm super proud of the finished product.
So, tomorrow I set out on an adventure of sorts. I've heard (generally) that guys and girls have very different concepts of "adventuring" - while guys are dreaming up the greatest of the great which involve killing bears with their bare fists and eating its cooked flesh off the points of knives, girls consider it an adventure getting lost in between the Starbucks and the hair salon. I jest, of course, but you know what I'm getting at. My adventure, though, I feel is an actual one. Sadly, it doesn't involve a 30 mile trek across the outback or scuba diving in the South Pacific, but nevertheless, it's a flight to a far off state in search for a job.
What will I find there? Obviously, there are hopes for a job. But there's a lot more to be gained that doesn't include my signature on the dotted line. Simply going for it is, in some ways, enough for me. I want to try. I want to succeed. But if I fail, I'm still left with the fact that I tried.
And that's good enough for me.
2 comments:
I was dreaming about killing a bear with my fists just last night. But why bother cooking the flesh? GRR! Adventure!
I'm glad you're here Krissy!
Post a Comment