Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What a full summer. There are so many things that I'll miss when I go out to California, and so many things to look forward too as well. I guess sadness which is the result of missing things should be a source of joy and praise to our Saviour, in a strange way...is it not a blessing to have such wonderful things to miss in the first place?

Don't compare these lists on their lengths. The worth of some things are weighted in ways a list can't show.

Things I'll miss that are on my mind:
1. My mom and dad.
2. My sister.
3. My dog.
4. My friends.
5. Mowing the lawn for my dad. Really. I like doing it.
6. Hearing the bullfrogs at night on the pond.
7. Watching the goslings grow up this summer.
8. Talking to the neighbor kids. They say the funniest things.
9. Going to Costco with my mom. It's like a theme park of home merchandise. ;)
10. Getting half-price drinks at work.
11. Driving a car.
12. With the windows down. And the radio blaring. (And singing along.)
13. Eating outside in the evening with my parents on our back porch.
14. Drinking homemade iced tea with my mom.
15. Talking to my friends at work.
16. Seeing Pirates of the Carribean on Opening Day.

There are so many things to look forward to, though...
Before a "1." there has to be this - focusing and drawing my life and my work and my faith all together into one seemless piece, and sharing what is so much bigger than you or I with others.
1. Camp. (duh.)
2. Hearing the waves wash over the stones and then tumble them back into the sea.
3. Friday night Hot Chocolate dates with Elsa.
4. Hanging with Marina before camp.
5. Seeing awe-inspiring Tyrone Wells sing live. While drinking an iced vanilla latte.
6. Going to Hollywood!
7. Hiking. And Hiking. And MORE HIKING. !!!:)
8. Seeing my best guy friend from highschool get married. By Laguna Beach.
9. Having Brooke come to camp and meet my camp friends.
10. Having a reunion with karla and sara and all my other highschool friends at Blair and Melissa's wedding.
11. Seeing all the wildlife at camp.
12. Finding sea glass on the shore.
13. Seeing Pirates at the El Capitan theater!!
14. Camp granola. wow.
15. Getting a new pair of Rainbows.
16. Eating Sushi for the second time ever.
17. Taking pics of anything and everything so this summer will be with me for forever.


Good night, all. I miss you!

2 comments:

WildElliot said...

We miss you too Kristin! I hope your summer is going well.

Katie said...

::sigh::

YYYYAAAAAYYY! for your wonderful summer on Catalina! :)

I'm praying for you and hoping that you're having the time of your life, dear girl. I can't wait to hear all about it... eventually.

I love you!