Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I think I was bitten by something.

I don't know what it is, but whatever it is has made me think of nothing but books I want to read/re-read and places I want to go. The strange thing is that I just get overwhelmed by this feeling really only in class, at which time, of course, I just happen to have an open notebook and writing utensil, leaving me with a perfect place to jot down (albeit in a very unorganized fashion) just what I want to read and just where I want to go. I thought this would be kind of like a "trivia about Kristin" item of interest, so I thought I'd share what list I've been able to construct from my notebook. Hope you enjoy. :)

Places I want to go:
1. London (you'll find a lot of the following places revolve around a trip to such said place.)
2. The Eagle and Child (you know, the pub where the Inklings met!!)
3. Oxford (just to see it...I don't have to study there.)
4. The Royal Art Museum in London (And do sketches!)
5. Trafalgar Square. THE GLOBE THEATER.
6. High Tea at a Tea Room in London
7. See the Crown Jewels (I think they are on display!)
8. Go on a double decker bus, in a red telephone booth, and inside a London Taxi. And Mind the Gap.
9. As many flower stands as possible.
10. Harrod's Department Store! (Please note that this shopping comes LATER in my list , after intellectual, historical, and societal places of interest. Thank you.)
11.(Onto other places...) The fields/rolling hills of Ireland and Scotland.
12. The Louvre. Notre Dame (and sing in it.)
13. Paris.
14. An outdoor cafe in Paris like those that influenced the Impressionists.
15. A french bakery. A french linens shop. A french chocolate shop. The Eiffel Tower. The Arc de Triumph.
16. A fashion show in Paris.
17. A ski lodge in Whistler, Canada. (Been there. Done that. Want back.)
18. A coffee shop in Whistler. (Peaks Coffee House. Good stuff.)
19. Greek Isles. The Parthenon.
20. Rome. Venice. Every historical landmark in both places.
21. Israel. Jerusalem.
22. The Nile.
23. The Taj Mahal.
24. India.
25. New Zealand.
26. Back to my old house in Melbourne, Australia. Flinders Street Station. Badger Creek Park to feed the Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots. Luna Park.
27. Of course, Catalina Island.
28. Home. And a Switchfoot Concert at the Vic Theater. With my sister. (oh yeah...this last one *will* happen. :) )


Books I'm dying to read/reread (but can't because of my rediculous load of homework...which is why I'm blogging...right...that works):
1. Little Women
2. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3. Emma
4. As You Like It.
5. A Lot of others that I can't find in my notebook right now but know I want to read.;) And, if I think of them, I will let you know soon. ;)


Speaking of reading, I have an American Lit exam in the morning. Check ya later.;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suffice to say I'm quite impressed with your lists. :)

See you tomorrow/today.

August.