Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Embarking.

This is a true venture of faith. Months ago, I told a lady I know, "yeah, I'll do that." I had no idea what I was really signing up for. I still won't for a few more days.

"That" was prison ministry. But what it's going to be like...only time and God will show. Every time we've gotten together for a training day (and we've had many), I've been taught something. However, I believe that it's made me more aware of the lessons we need to/and do (if we are paying attention) learn every day. It's also helped me be aware of just how fallen and in need of a Savior I really am.

So...in less than 48 hours, I'm going to go into prison. Of the literal kind. How horrific it is, knowing the truth of our Savior, to know that my soul could be in a spiritual prison - one I could never leave - for eternity if I didn't know HIM!! It's interesting that in this world, there are sins that no one knows about (internal), sins that you can "get away with" (things that are wrong, but sadly, still legal) , sins that get you to pay a fine to make go away(speeding ticket, anyone?), and sins that send you into a life which takes you away from everything you've always known. And this is where I'm going this weekend. It's going to be crazy.

But, as you'll notice, they are ALL sins. And every single type of sin, no matter how big or small, keeps us away from God. My tongue, your tongue. My actions, your actions. Everything, everywhere.

And then came Jesus.

I find it very fitting that I, as a human being so fallen from perfection, have just been through the solemnity of the Easter season as I embark on this journey. I need that. I have been brought to my knees, and have felt pretty gross. Sinful. A wretched shell of nothingness...

...that Christ came to save. Me? Yes, me. And you. And the women I'm going to go meet. And he bore those sins, and he died MY death. And he conquered it all on the third day. And now I'm whole.

In 48 hours, I'm getting to share the most awesome love story ever told.

1 comment:

brooke said...

that's awesome, kristinny! i'll be thinking of you and praying for you and the women you'll be ministering. i hope you can help them create some solid relationships in their lives (with you, and Jesus, of course).

much love,
brooke