Saturday, January 31, 2009

Stuff White People Like...

the list continued with my own notions.

There's a blog and book going around with the concept of the "Stuff White People Like," which, I must admit, is remarkably true. I sat in shock to read the list and find myself going "oooh. they're right" to at least one in three of the 120 postings. This plethora of topics got me thinking of my own...and maybe one day I'll be as witty as they in explaining why I think them valid points.

Until then, I simply continue with my short (but I believe true) list of stuff white people like.

1. black fleeces. Whether they come from North Face, Hard Ware, or Walmart, you know you love them.
2. Chai.
3. Bookshelves full of books that have never been read.
4. Credit cards.
5. The Superbowl. Even if you've never watched either one of the teams playing in it ever before.
6. Team Mascots.
7. Hypothesizing on tournament brackets and betting on them.
8. Buying a lotto ticket at least once to say you tried and still lost.
9. Insisting movie ticket prices are too high and still giving in and buying the higher priced popcorn.
10. Feeling cultured after you go to an Indian, Japanese, Mediterranean, or Greek restaraunt, but seeing Italian, Chinese and Mexican as totally "normal" food.
11. Seeing "Opening Night" movies at midnight, so you can brag you saw it and loved it more than the rest of the world, and sacrificing sleep to see it 18 hours prior to your friends who clearly aren't "real fans."
12. Going to college.
13. Going places on Spring Break.
14. Being in debt up to your eyeballs. Just to get everything you want.
15. Having about 3 Bibles each, but never fully reading any one of them.
16. Ankle socks.
17. Under Armor workout stuff.

That's all I can think of right now...let me know if I'm right or not. Or, add to the list! :)

No comments: