Saturday, May 24, 2008

Looking back...

turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt. On a related note,(really,) they say that when a door is shut, God opens a window.

Well, sometimes, when God opens that window, your heart is still kind of set on that door. And, when that window seems rather scary to climb through, it's easier to look back at where you came from.

But that never gets us anywhere. We may not turn into a pillar of salt, but we can't allow ourselves to get frozen into a pillar of ourselves through fear or nostalgia. So where does this get us?

Once again, walking with a blind, beautiful faith that God is (as always) bigger than us. Bigger than our fears, bigger than our best and most rediculous dreams, bigger than we can ever attempt to be.

How merciful.

Went to see Prince Caspian tonight, and two songs during the ending credits verbalized a plethura of feelings inside me...the happy, the sad, the bittersweet, the fear, the hope...

I guess I'll just let the lyrics speak for themselves.

"The Call" - Regina Spektor

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before

All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and now one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye


"This is Home" - Jonathan Foreman

I've gotmy memories always inside of me
But I can't go back, back to how it was.
I believe now I've come too far
No,I can't go back, back tohow it was.

Created for a place I've never known,
This is home.
Now I'm finally where I belong, where I belong.
Yeah, this is home,
I've been searching for place of my own,
Now I've found it.
This is home.

Belief over misery, I've seen the enemy.
And I won't go back, back to how it was.
And I've got my heart set on what hapens next.
I got my eyes wide, it's not over yet.
We're miracles, and we're not alone.

Yeah, this is home,
Now I'm finally where I belong, where I belong.
I've been searching for place of my own,
Now I've found it.
This is home.

And now, after all my searhing,
After all my questions,
I'm going to call it home.
I've got brand new mindset,
I can finally see the sunset.
I'm going to call it home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an eloquent writer. I read once that is we continually look back, that is the way we will go. Hold on to the memories, but step boldly into the future, knowing that God's holding you in His hand.

Love you and praying for you!

Katie