Things I've learned lately (or a small list of a smattering of lessons from all facets of my life):
- 2 Corinthians 4:17 -- Our troubles are light and momentary.
- Don't drink the watercolor water. You will get told on by one teacher to another and you will get a time out.
- Sin is a choice we make every single time. You can't blame your sins on "being human." We were fully human *before* the fall.
Person who has most influenced my faith: Elsa.
Most touching moment: When one of my darlings whose mother just had a baby two days ago mimic talking to me like her mother talks to her, saying to me "You're a good girl. You go everyday in the potty! I'm proud of you." Yeah, it's funny. But it just goes to show how important motherhood is and everything you say is so weighty to your children, even at three years of age. Later she proceeded to just want to be held, sucking her thumb and leaning her head on me and closing her eyes. Normally, this girl is one of the spunkiest we have.
Most crazy moment: anything having to do with Christmas presents or decorations in our suite. Seriously, it's hilarious and nuts.
Most clearly answered prayer: Well, I'll keep that to myself.
Most desired attributes: Wisdom. Patience. Faith.
Most irritating quirk in myself at the moment: finding that I can't get myself to find the time to read the books I want to read for pleasure.
Most unexpected happening/blessing: Having my sister fly to Chicago and then drive with my parents to come here my solo in Vivaldi's Magnificat, and in the midst of the first terrible winter storm of the season, having every other flight to Chicago cancelled, my sister getting to Chicago tonight and hopefully still making it for the concert tomorrow.
Worst tasting cold medicine: Zicam. yuck. trust me.
Most exciting revelation about myself: I like being a mezzo.
Most horrifying revelation about myself: How much I try at somethings, and how little I try at what really matters.
Most frustrating trick of Satan: Helping validate which is not valid to do, helping me second guess a lot of stuff.
Sad revelation of the semester: Adrienne is leaving, and I'm leaving 24 preschoolers behind after only 4 months of dedication. I'm going to miss them all.
Lesson I wish I could teach parents: Please read the newsletters we send home. We're not wasting trees for the fun of it. And, you can't make your son date me. He has to want to date me.
Funniest prediction of my life lately: That I will travel the world and find a dashing British man who falls in love with me. (hey, it could happen, and i could be ok with it.)
Newest internet website I enjoy: last.fm...so fun.
Most listened to music lately: Narnia Soundtrack
Thing in life I'm most nervous about(in general):The idea of interviewing for a teaching position.
Thing in life I'm most nervous about in this next week: Whether I will do well tomorrow and if my family will be there, and if they'll be safe in traveling.
Thing I should be doing right now:
Sleeping.
Night, kids. :) God bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment